Connect with us

Alternative News

The World Is Running Out Of Condoms As Factories Face Coronavirus Lockdown

“We are going to see a global shortage of condoms everywhere, which is going to be scary.”

Published

on

Photo Credit: Mint Press News

Elias Marat, The Mind Unleashed

We’ve all seen the jokes on social media about how nine months from now a new generation will be born that will eventually be dubbed “Coronials”—and once they come of age, “quaranteens.

After all, if we’re stuck working from home or self-isolating along with our partner or significant other, it’s only natural and healthy for us to seek solace through sexual activity—and the increase in baby-making activities can naturally result in a miniature “baby boom.”

But as it turns out, the joke may have some basis after all—especially because a global shortage of condoms could deprive couples staying at home from one of the more popular birth control methods.

Reuters reports that Malaysia’s Karex Bhd, a company that is responsible for producing one out of every five condoms globally, spent over a week without producing a single condom at its three factories after the government imposed a lockdown to halt the spread of the coronavirus.

This has resulted in a shortfall of 100 million condoms which normally would be marketed worldwide under such brands as Durex, distributed through aid programs like the United Nations Population Fund, and the U.K.’s National Health Service (NHS).

On Friday, the company was granted permission to resume production under a special exemption for critical industries but with only half of its workforce.

Chief Executive Goh Miah Kiat said:

“It will take time to jumpstart factories and we will struggle to keep up with demand at half capacity.

We are going to see a global shortage of condoms everywhere, which is going to be scary.

My concern is that for a lot of humanitarian programs deep down in Africa, the shortage will not just be two weeks or a month. That shortage can run into months.”

The news comes as condoms rank among toilet paper and hand sanitizer as one of the most sought-after items during the CoViD-19 crisis, reports Highsnobiety.

Earlier this month, sex product retailer Promescent’s CEO Jeff Abraham confirmed that the company saw surging condom sales all month.

Speaking to Business Wire, the executive said:

“In fact, we’ve seen a 54%  increase in our online sales since the beginning of the pandemic.

With the tremendous effort put forth by so many government and local organizations, we want to do our part to ensure people are continuing to practice safe sex and have adequate access to birth control in a time of social distancing and self-isolation.”

Condom factories in China, India, and Thailand have also faced disruptions in their operations. Similar problems have also been faced by regional manufacturers of critical protective gear like medical gloves in Malaysia.

A Durex spokesman reassured Reuters that operations would continue as normal, and no supply shortages are anticipated. They added:

“For our consumers, many of whom will be unable to access shops, our Durex online stores remain open for business.”

Goh added that while condom production may face interruptions, the demand for the contraceptive remains stronger than ever. He said:

“The good thing is that the demand for condoms is still very strong because like it or not, it’s still an essential to have.

Given that at this point in time people are probably not planning to have children. It’s not the time, with so much uncertainty.”

By Elias Marat | Creative Commons | TheMindUnleashed.com

Continue Reading

Alternative News

Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested By FBI On Charges Connected To Jeffrey Epstein

Published

on

Ghislaine Maxwell Arrested
Photo Credit: Mint Press News

What Happened: Jeffrey Epstein’s confidant Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested this morning in New Hampshire according to FBI spokeswoman Adrienne Senatore. At this time, charges against Maxwell are sealed, and prosecutors have scheduled a midday press conference in New York to provide more details on the case.

Charges against Maxwell came almost a year after Epstein was arrested by FBI agents on July 6, 2019. Jeffrey Epstein allegedly killed himself in a federal jail in August 2019, although many believe he was killed given he could name many high profile figures connected to his ring.

Why It Matters: Maxwell is heavily connected to sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein who operated a sex/pedophile ring that tailored to high profile individuals, business people, entertainers and politicians.

Her arrest may be important in helping to bring down more people connected to the ring which include Hillary and Bill Clinton amongst other high profile names.

Humanity is in a process of ‘Breaking the Illusion’ we have come to accept about our reality. We have been living from a collective story that states we elect good people into government, and they act on our best interest. This categorically is not the case, and part of our collective awakening to creating solutions that can make our world thrive is waking up from this illusion we have chosen to accept.

People are beginning to learn en masse that high profile figures are involved in such acts like extreme occult rituals, sex trafficking and pedophilia, and they are beginning to wonder why. They are also beginning to question why we put our trust and support in people who operate in this manner.

Read more about Epstein and Maxwell here.

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.

Continue Reading

Alternative News

Lockdown & Quarantine In The UK May Have Already Killed More Seniors Than Covid-19

Published

on

earth mask
Photo Credit: Collective Evolution

A new report published in the British Medical Journal  titled Covid-19: “Staggering number” of extra deaths in community is not explained by covid-19″  has suggested that quarantine measures in the United Kingdom as a result of the new coronavirus may have already killed more UK seniors than the coronavirus has during the months of April and May. According to the data, Covid-19 only accounts for 10,000 of the 30,000 excess deaths that have been recorded in senior care facilities during the height of the pandemic. The article suggests and also quotes British Health officials stating that these unexplained deaths may have occurred because Quarantine measures have prevented seniors from accessing the health care that they need.

The report was written by Shaun Griffin, a PhD in DNA repair from UCL. He has worked in communications and public affairs roles for 20 years at Wellcome, UK Biobank, Human Tissue Authority and the Nuffield Council on Bioethics. He is currently at the Association of Medical Research Charities and is vice chair of a research ethics committee.

According to him,

David Spiegelhalter, chair of the Winton Centre for Risk and Evidence Communication at the University of Cambridge, said that covid-19 did not explain the high number of deaths taking place in the community. At a briefing hosted by the Science Media Centre on 12 May he explained that, over the past five weeks, care homes and other community settings had had to deal with a “staggering burden” of 30 000 more deaths than would normally be expected, as patients were moved out of hospitals that were anticipating high demand for beds.

Of those 30 000, only 10 000 have had covid-19 specified on the death certificate. While Spiegelhalter acknowledged that some of these “excess deaths” might be the result of under-diagnosis, “the huge number of unexplained extra deaths in homes and care homes is extraordinary. When we look back . . . this rise in non-covid extra deaths outside the hospital is something I hope will be given really severe attention.”

He added that many of these deaths would be among people “who may well have lived longer if they had managed to get to hospital.

David Leon, professor of epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, agreed. “Some of these deaths may not have occurred if people had got to hospital,” he said. “How many is unclear. This issue needs urgent attention, and steps taken to ensure that those who would benefit from hospital treatment and care for other conditions can get it.”

The report also mentions that in Scotland, in the first week after lockdown, a spike in deaths was recorded from all causes.

The Takeaway

At the end of the day, the coronavirus pandemic has clearly been a catalyst for more people to speak up against misinformation and measures being imposed on the human race that a lot of people disagree with. Information has surfaced calling into question the measures that have been taken so far, and information that comes from credible sources and has evidence to support is being labelled as “fake news. For example, YouTube is removing any content that contradicts the world health organization, and some of the world’s leading scientists and epidemiologists on this topic have been completely censored. It just doesn’t make sense.

This article (Lockdown & Quarantine In The UK May Have Already Killed More Seniors Than Covid-19) was originally created for Collective Evolution and is published here under Creative Commons.

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.

Continue Reading

Alternative News

Judge Rules That Children Must Be Released From Immigration Detention Centers

US District Judge Dolly Gee ordered the release of children who are currently being held in the country’s immigration detention centers.

Published

on

Photo Credit: Mint Press News

(TMU) – In a ruling on Friday, US District Judge Dolly Gee ordered the release of children who are currently being held in the country’s immigration detention centres, over concerns that keeping people in such conditions could exacerbate the spread of the ‘COVID-19coronavirus.

In her ruling, Gee said that children who have been held for more than 20 days at ICE family residential centres should be released by July 17 to “non-congregate settings” that include “suitable sponsors” and possibly even to their own parents in some cases.

The order also left the door open for the release of the parents as well, so they can be reunited with their children. However, the order does not compel ICE to release the parents, as it does with the children; it leaves that part up to the agency’s discretion, which may not be favourable.

Still, the agency will be required to release the children. Gee suggested that if ICE felt uncomfortable about releasing the parents outright, they could release them with ankle bracelets or other tracking devices.

Gee wrote that the centres “are ‘on fire’ and there is no more time for half measures.”

The judge pointed to employees and detainees who tested positive for the virus in both Texas and Kansas, and condemned the “unevenly implemented written protocols,” at these locations.

In addition to the release of the child detainees, the judge ordered ICE facilities to “urgently enforce its existing COVID-19 protocols,” which includes testing, mask use, and social distancing. 

Judge Gee has been active in pushing for the release of children held at these facilities since long before the pandemic began. In a decision late last year, the judge ruled that ICE must abide by the Flores agreement, a 1997 settlement that sets standards for how the government can treat migrant children.

Following the lengthy trial stemming from the arrest of multiple children who were crossing the border, including Jenny Lisette Flores, the US government agreed to numerous terms regarding the treatment of children by immigration agencies.

Among other things, the federal government agreed to keep children in the least restrictive setting possible and to ensure the prompt release of children from immigration detention.

According to a Congressional Research Service (CRS) report published in September of 2018, the Flores agreement was intended as a temporary measure. In the ruling, the government agreed that the agreement would remain in effect for 45 days, which would give the government time to form official legislation to replace it.

However, the government never published any follow-up legislation, so the Flores Agreement still stands as a legal precedent.

The Trump administration has called the agreement a “loophole,” and suggested that judge Gee is an “activist judge” who is trying to undermine the rule of law.

“For two and a half years, this Administration has worked to restore faithful enforcement of the laws enacted by Congress, while activist judges have imposed their own vision in the place of those duly enacted laws,” a statement from the White House press secretary said, according to NBC News.

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.

Continue Reading

Alternative News

Trump Promises Ten Year Prison Sentences For Vandalism Of Statues

President Trump promised to sign an executive order that would prosecute vandals of statues with prison sentences of up to ten years.

Published

on

Photo Credit: KTAR News

(TMU) – US President Donald Trump promised to sign an executive order that would prosecute vandals of statues with prison sentences of up to ten years.

This threat comes after weeks of intense protests around the country and out front of the White House, which has left many national monuments defaced or removed.

The night before Trump made his announcement, police clashed with protesters who were attempting to topple a statue of President Andrew Jackson outside of the White House.

Before police used tear gas to force everyone out of Lafayette Park on Monday night, protesters had climbed on top of the statue of Jackson and began to tie ropes around it in an attempt to bring it down. The base had the word “killer” spray-painted across it.

In a press conference Tuesday, Trump confirmed earlier Tweets where he suggested prosecuting vandals of statues. 

“Last night we stopped an attack on a great monument of Andrew Jackson and Lafayette Park. We are looking at long term jail sentences for these vandals, hoodlums, anarchists and agitators. Some people don’t like that language, but that’s what they are: Bad people. They don’t love our country, and they’re not taking down our monuments,” Trump said.

I will have an executive order very shortly. And all it’s really going to do is reinforce what’s already there, but in a more uniform way. If the state governments, as you see them, all over, Seattle. They’re very weak. And in Minnesota, they might need help. If they need help, the federal government is willing to help them,” he added.

Trump said that that “numerous people” are already in jail after being arrested last night and promised that many more are going “today.” Trump added that he was a “fan” of Jackson, who was a slave owner and enthusiastic participant in the genocide of the Native American people. Jackson’s historical record has become so controversial that in recent years there have been calls to remove his face from the $20 bill and have it replaced with an image of Underground Railroad hero Harriet Tubman.

In tweets before the press conference, Trump said that he “authorized” the federal government to “arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S.” He even claimed that these terms would apply retroactively, to anyone previously found damaging statues.

Trump said that violators could be charged under the Veterans Memorial Preservation or “such other laws that may be pertinent.”

One section of the act states that a person who wilfully injures or destroys veteran memorials or attempts to do so shall be fined and/or imprisoned no more than 10 years.

However, not all of the monuments that have been targeted would be considered war memorials. Furthermore, many of the military statues that are being taken down represent members of the confederacy, which was technically not a part of the US government.

This technicality could be a compelling defence for any protesters who are charged under this law for vandalizing Confederate statutes.

Police clash with protesters attempting to tear down Andrew Jackson statute near White House

Please SHARE this article with your family and friends.

Continue Reading

Trending Now

STAY AWARE

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

You have Successfully Subscribed!